Skip to main content

Grandma's Pumpkin Torte

When we think of pumpkin, we think of pumpkin pie and Thanksgiving.  I have had this dessert at a bridal shower (Cyn's shower in fact) and it is to die for.  A dessert so yummy you can serve it anytime of the year.  Enjoy!


Cyn's Grandma's Pumpkin Torte Recipe

Layer 1:

1/2 box graham cracker crumbs
2/3 cup oleo
1/2 cup sugar
Blend together and pat down in 9 x 12 pan

Layer 2:

2 - 8 oz. packages cream cheese
2 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
Beat until smooth, pour over crust, bake for 20 minutes @ 325 degrees

Layer 3 (step 1):

1 lb. pumpkin
3 egg yolks (save whites)
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Mix and cook on medium heat, stirring constantly until thickens

Layer 3 (step 2):
1 envelope gelatin
1/4 cup cold water
Dissolve, stir into mix and let cool

Layer 3 (step 3):
3 egg whites
1/4 cup powdered sugar
Beat egg whites and gradually add sugar, beat until stiff; Mix into cooled pumpkin mix; Layer over cream cheese

Top with Whipped Cream and ENJOY!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great ChiPPy SHaBBy table

Love the chippy shabby white table.  Do you think the legs were cut off?  I can't decide, hmmm.  Needless to say I did not bring this treasure home with me.

My gardening obsession

I admit I love to play in the dirt....and, yes, I love to pull weeds!   I love the outdoors working and enjoy spending my free time in my garden.

Flea market find

A couple weeks ago found this beautiful chair at my local flea market.... My cat has decided to sleep in it.  Every morning this is where I find him....